Sunday, January 31, 2010

Cheers...

.
.
.
Today marks the beginning the third year in existence for Peter Schmidt Web. A million thanks to the family, friends, supporters and contributors. Your support has been inspiring. To Peter's family, I am grateful for having been welcomed into your lives, homes and hearts, without your trust, encouragement and support this endeavor would not be truly legitimate. To the many people who knew Peter, colleagues, students and friends, I am grateful for your shared experiences and knowledge. To the contributors, your generosity has made this collection a definitive one. Hats off to Rory for his determination. Finally to Alain, thank you for providing the spark which lit the fire, your love and respect for Peter touched me very deeply.
.
I have never in my life approached a project with such respect and diligence. From my first attempts at reaching out, I knew that this man was held in high regard by many. He was much more than just an artist to be studied and catalogued. I was always keenly aware that Peter was someone's father, brother, husband, teacher, collaborator, and friend. He was a human being who lived and dreamed. My efforts to create and establish the Peter Schmidt Web archive has taught me many things about myself, and has enriched my life's journey in so many ways. It has transformed my prison into a garden.
.
.

.

No comments: