Saturday, January 30, 2010

"And Now for Something Completely Different"...

.
.
.













.
.
Michael Palin with Peter Schmidt's "Cycloid V", from the film "And Now For Something Completely Different", 1970
.
On many of the occasions I've posted to the blog, I've been temped to use this title for the entry I've used here and now, as the range of Peter's work is quite wide. I have finally found the definitive post for which it is most suitable.
.
Earlier today I put on the film "And Now For Something Completely Different". This scene featured Eric Idle as a marriage counselor, a geeky Michael Palin and his voluptuous blonde wife(played by a woman, not John Cleese), as the patients. Palin, bewildered as Idle seduced his wife as she began undressing in his office, walks out of the office contemplating, and into the waiting room. I thought to myself, that there was some very groovy decor on the set. As I scanned the art on the walls, I imagined how reasonable it would be to see one of Peter's works. Seconds, yes seconds later I literally gasped. There was "Cycloid V" on the wall in the waiting room. Palin, after a moment of self reflection, goes back into the office to reclaim his wife, but is too late, she and Idle are already having a shag. Thoroughly crushed, he returns to the waiting room. In typical Monty Python fashion, a 16 ton weight drops on him, ending the scene.
.
Link? Did somebody say link?: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bwurFNKTQHs
.
.
.

No comments: