Sunday, February 28, 2010

Link to Peter Schmidt: Anker - Steinbaukasten Home Page...

.
.
.
.
.
.
Richter's Anchor® Stone Building Sets, the home page for March, 2010
.
Mr. Hardy has impeccable taste indeed. After recently discovering that as a child, Peter played with Richters Anker - Steinbaukasten, or Richter's Anchor® Stone Building Sets, I made contact with the "Pope" of Anchor Builders, Mr. George Hardy. I shared with him some images of Peter's work, that I felt were directly influenced by his past with the stones. He found them to be authentic depictions of Anchor Buildings, and has chosen to feature some of Peter's "Buildings" at his website for the month of March. Anchor Builders hail from all over the world, and tend to be passionate about this work. They are very supportive each others efforts as well as of George and his mission to spread knowledge of this 120 year old classic. I have recently received my first three sets, Nos. 6, 6A, and 8A. The stones are precisely molded, and the material is tactile. I feel these sets would make a great tool for young people, as hand eye coordination can be developed, as well as architectural imagination. Thus far I have executed six of the historic constructions illustrated in the books that came with my stones. My goal is to build Peter's "Tower", for which I will require considerably more stones.
.
My thanks to Mr. George Hardy for sharing with his friends the work of Peter Schmidt, and in kind opening our eyes to the world of Anchor. A visit to Mr. Hardy's website is highly recommended: www.ankerstein.org
.
.
.

No comments: