Saturday, September 19, 2009

Peter Schmidt, new and rediscovered images...

.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
"Raimund's Painting(a gift from Peter)", Peter Schmidt, watercolor painting, 1975-80
(Collection of Sarah Haffner)
.
We have graciously been sent over 50 images of Peter's work from his sister Sarah, who lives and works as an artist in Berlin. Some of these images are already in the collection, but are of a much better quality, some will be seen here for the first time as is this one. These images were made from slides that have been with her for many years, and some were made from the original paintings which are in her home. Over the coming weeks I will be posting them here, and eventually add them to the permanent archive at http://www.peterschmidtweb.com/.
.
"The larger sea landscape of which I'm afraid I have no title was a painting Peter gave to my father. It hung opposite his bed and was there to console him while he was dying. My father was very fond of Peter who was three years old when my parents got to know each other." Heretofore, and until we are told otherwise, this painting shall be known as "Raimund's Painting(a gift from Peter)".
.
My very deep thanks to Sarah for sharing this group of images with our community.

,
,
,

No comments: