Friday, December 31, 2010

"Is that 1962?"...

.
.
.
"...I handed him a copy of the "Departures(from Cubism and Beyond)" DVD. I told him what it was and he seemed shocked. Looking at it closely he said "I did not even know there was any footage of Peter." Adding "Is that 1962? That's very early. Thank you, I would love to see it". He asked me my name and said that he had seen me at other events. I reminded him that I had approached him at the Royal Academy about doing something for the website and that he had said that he was too busy. "Maybe I will reverse that decision", he said. He thanked me again and then had his picture with Richard(Mills) and his son."

- Rory Walsh, on his encounter with Peter Schmidt's friend and collaborator Brian Eno, after a recent lecture by Eno at Hay-on-Wye. I'd like to acknowledge Rory's friendship and support, and most of all his determination.
.
.
.

No comments: