Thursday, October 15, 2009

Sarah Haffner's gift to Peter's website...

.
.
.


.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
Selbstbildnis(Self Portrait), Sarah Haffner, tempera and oil chalk, 2002
.
.
.
I asked Sarah if she wouldn't mind having this painting of her's displayed on our blog. It's small gesture of appreciation for her generous donation of new images and the time and effort she put into diligently preparing them. As with Peter's family in London, I'd like her to be a permanent part of this website, and the endeavor to preserve his legacy. With her typical enthusiasm she replied:
.
"I would be delighted and honoured to have my self portrait on your and Peter' s blog. Thank you for asking. It is one of the paintings I did while I was on a somewhat mad spree in 2002/2003 which lasted for several months, painting self portraits in all sorts of techniques. I was trying to"loosen up" and find a different way of painting from the very controlled oil paintings I had been doing before then. I chose to do self portraits because all I needed was a mirror, but by the end of the project, I was thoroughly fed up with them."
.
Again, my many thanks to Sarah.
.
.
.

No comments: